Edhem Ağa House
Miner Edhem Aga (died in 1921), who came to Amasra from Montenegro, opened a coal mine in the Tarlaağzı village in 1864. After obtaining quite a fortune, he has commissioned his brother-in-law Ibrahim Agha (death: 1909) (*) to build the house he designed for his family.
Ibrahim Agha went to Istanbul in 1886 and gave sketches according to his brother-in-law. When size and design were determined, Rum and Turkish craftsmen were brought from Bulak village of Safranbolu. and on the other hand, pine timber was planted on water piles on the coast of Filyos, and stones and lime were procured; The masters from the village of Bulak in Saftanbolulamun completed a three-storey building in two years, taking the foundation in 1887 by Edhem Aga on the land purchased by the small harbor.
Turkish Ampiri is a unique structure in the style of the house’s stone arched exterior door to the front of the slab from the arched door to the entrance floor is passed. On this floor, there is a spacious holle kitchen, bath and dining room called yemek stony Bu. Two shops were added to the road front of the ground floor, the upper floor and the terrace for the middle floor. There is a middle floor with a wooden staircase and a (L) shaped sofa on the top floor and four rooms with toilet and ablution. From the middle floor, there is a terrace overlooking the harbor, and the upper floor is reached from the marble balcony. The sides of the terrace and balcony doors are enriched with marble columns, balcony, marble pediment, floor spaces and marble erasers. Since the rooms on the eastern front are designed in winter, the stone-aged fireplaces have built-in wardrobes with bathrooms, and the windows in the west facing rooms.
The walls of the exterior wall of the exterior masonry structure are wooden pine and lime plastered, the walls are paved with ceilings and ceilings. The boat ceilings are flat and the edge friezes are simple. The lower floor windows are flat, middle and upper floors are arched. Ibrahim Agha, who was in the building of similar style in the same period, made the building of Ibrahim Agha ıyla collapsed from the structure eaves! Ibrahim Agha, who understands his works, has placed these exhibition stones personally.
The roof of the building is in the form of an umbrella and the whole weight of the roof is connected to the wooden column in the middle 30 cm in diameter with the throwing lattices. This carrier column was not pressed into the structure and the roof load was taken. Partly damaged in the 1968 earthquake, the structure was repaired and reinforced by the technical report and repaired by İbrahim Ağa’s son Celil Tamer and Ethem Aga’s grandson Agah Simberk.
Edhem Agha house, which is a registered historical monument, has been preserved in its original form. Family life at Edhem Aga House has been continuing for more than a century. Between 1921 and 1942, Edhem Aga’s son Mr. Hakkı Bey (Özkömür) and his wife Seniye hanım and daughters; After 1942, Edhem Aga’s daughter Nebile Hanım (Simberk) and his wife Süleyman Bey and his family lived.
His son Celil Tamer (born 1974) served as Mayor of Amasra between 1955-1960.